Can we get married outdoors?

There are only several allowed places described below.

Permission for Place is required when a sacramental marriage (involving two baptized persons) is to be
celebrated with a Catholic ceremony in any place besides a parish church.

The request for Permission for Place must always be accompanied by documentation of the permission of the
local pastor within whose boundaries the chapel/oratory/shrine is located.

List of Catholic Chapels/Shrines commonly used within the Archdiocese:

  • St Catherine of Siena Chapel at St. Malo in Allenspark, Colorado.
  • Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden, Colorado.
  • St. John Francis Regis Chapel at Regis University.
  • Snowmass Chapel, in Snowmass Village, Colorado.

List of non-Catholic Chapels for which is customary to grant this permission:

  • Vail Interfaith Chapel, in Vail, Colorado.
  • Beaver Creek Chapel, in Avon, Colorado.
  • Copper Mountain Community Chapel, in Copper Mountain, Colorado.

Even with Permission for Place, it is not permitted to celebrate the Catholic rite of marriage out-of-doors in the Archdiocese of Denver.

When the wedding will be celebrated in another diocese, the request for Permission for Place will be forwarded to that diocese, as it should be granted by the Local ordinary of the Place.

This information can be found in the MC Form below.

MC Form Instructions

Powered by BetterDocs

Privacy Preference Center